One Pan Chicken Breasts With Tomatoes
This is a great and easy summer dish when your garden is overflowing with tomatoes
Servings 4 servings
- Large Heavy skillet
- 2 large chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup onions finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 tsp. fresh basil finely chopped
- 8 ripe tomatoes chopped into small chunks
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup capers
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves chopped
- Slice each chicken breast horizonally in two.
- Season with salt and pepper. Heat the oil and butter in a heavy-bottom skillet. Add the chicken breasts and saute over medium-high heat, turning the pieces often until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and garlic around the chicken. Cook briefly; add the basil tomatoes, vinegar, capers, wine and tomato paste.
- Blend well, bring to a boil, and then cover and simmer for 9 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve over rice or on its own.
Serving: 50g | Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 540mg | Potassium: 1172mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3120IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg