What could be more decadent that champagne in your jam?!
Keto Alert: To make a sugar free Keto version, use “no sugar added” pectin, to which you can add up to one cup of sugar substitute.
Luscious Strawberry Champagne Jam
The most luxurious of jams, not too firmly set, strawberry and champagne jam is superb with scones. The recipe calls for champagne, but you can substitute with any dry sparkling wine. To make Keto version replace pectin with sugar free pectin and use your favorite sugar substitute.
Servings 6 cups
- 4 cups ripe strawberries, washed, hulled and quartered
- 1 1/2 cups sugar for Keto use Stevia
- 1 tbsp. pectin use sugar free pectin for Keto version
- 1 1/4 cups champagne or sparkling wine.
- 4 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a heavy-bottomed pan combine the strawberries, sugar, pectin, and champagne and stir over low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the lemon juice and gently simmer for 20 minutes, then bring to a rapid boil for 5 minutes.
- Test the setting point by placing a teaspoon of jam on a chilled saucer. If the surface of the jam wrinkles when pushed, it is ready. If not, continue to simmer and test again. Allow jam to sit for 15 minutes in the pan to solidify a little; this will prevent the fruit from floating to the top when its in the jar.
- Ladle the jam into clean, warm sterilized jars. Cover with wax discs and seal immediately. The jam sets as it cools.
Keto Alert: To make a sugar free Keto version, use “no sugar added” pectin, to which you can add up to one cup of sugar substitute. Do not try to replace a sugar substitute for sugar using regular pectin as it will not likely set.