I am fortunate to be able to fish for wild halibut on an annual basis so always have on hand for elegant dining for guests or quick weekday meal. This recipe satisfies both so is my go to recipe
Breaded Parmesan Crusted Halibut
I am fortunate to be able to fish for wild halibut on an annual basis so always have a supply in the freezer, for elegant dining for guests or weekday meal. This recipe satisfies both. Simple, yet elegant.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound halibut fillet cut into individual serving pieces
- 1/4 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs*, For Keto use crushed pork rinds
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (or mix half fresh and half powdered)
- 1 piinch fresh or dry herbs
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a glass pan or baking sheet with tin foil.
- Use a paper towel to blot dry the halibut
- Mix the breadcrumbs, herbs and cheese in a shallow container.
- Pour the olive oil in a second shallow container.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Dip the fish in the olive oil, ensuring you cover both sides.
- Dredge the fish in the crumb mixture.
- Place the fish skin side down your prepared pan.
- Cook at least 10 minutes (depending on the thickness of your fish) or until the fish flakes which you test with a fork in the middle
- Serve with fresh lemon.