Most of us who have gone keto are challenged with finding great recipes to replace wheat based products. It is easier to just not have pancakes for breakfast than to try a keto version. I created this version as an adaptation of the low fat version I serve to Lord D which gets its volume from beaten egg whites. They are easy to whip up so now we both enjoy our own version of fluffy filling pancakes.
Awesome Fluffy Keto Pancakes
- 3 large eggs separated
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk more if you need to
- 1 pinch Pinch salt
- First, separate the eggs, putting the whites in a large clean metal or glass bowl, and the egg yolks into another large bowl
- Add the almond milk to the egg yolks and mix.
- Mix the flours and baking powder. then gradually whisk into the wet ingredients and mix to a smooth thick batter, Add more milk or almond flour if you need to to get that consistency.
- Whisk the whites with the salt until they form stiff peaks. Fold into the batter. Let sit for a few minutes before cooking.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium heat, lightly grease or use non stick spray.
- Pour some of your batter into the pan and fry for a couple ofminutes until you see bubbles popping through the batter.
- If you want to add a couple of blueberries or strawberries add them before you flip. Continue frying until both sides are golden.
- You can make these pancakes large or small, to your liking.