This is a fabulous dessert to serve during the holidays to satisfy those who aren’t pumpkin pie fans. Serve this tangy torte in small wedges and load up the whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Make this keto by replacing granulated sugar with a Stevia or other sugar substitute.
While you may think cranberries are unique to North America, they do grow in the UK, where they are more commonly known as fenberries. They were even served on Titanic alongside the roast turkey. You can easily make this keto by replacing granulated sugar with a Stevia or other sugar substitute.
Showstopper Cranberry Torte
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts, almonds or pecans
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen whole fenberries (cranberries)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, or pecans finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. sifted icing sugar
Prepare the Crust
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C/Gas Mark 4
- Combine the nuts, butter and sugar in a food processor, pulsing a few times until well combined and the mixture comes away from the sides. Press evenly over the bottom and up the sides of a 10 inch spingform pan.
Prepare the Filling
- Mix the sugar and flour in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the butter, almond extract and eggs together then add to the sugar flour mixture. Fold in the cranberries and nuts and carefully scoop the mixture evenly into the prepared crust.
- Bake for at least one hour or until all the cranberries have popped. Cool in the pan. Remove the sides of the pan when ready to serve and dust with icing sugar.