Fall signals the seasonal harvest of pumpkins and it is hard to resist filling your house with the amazing odours of pumpkin spice. This bread is not only hearty but heart-healthy. Make it into a loaf or muffins.
Healthier Pumpkin Bran Loaf
Fall signals the seasonal harvest of pumpkins and it is hard to resist filling your house with the amazing odours of pumpkin spice. This bread is not only hearty, but heart healthy.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3 cups bran
- 1 cup whole wheat flour keto: substitute almond flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup Stevia Swerve or other plant based sugar substitute
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 4 tbsp. apple sauce
- 4 large egg whites beaten (save yolks for other dishes)
- 1 cup raisins/dried fruit optional
- 1 cup chopped nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 425F and prepare a large (9 inch) loaf pan with
- Combine bran, sugar, flour, baking powder, spices and salt in large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix pumpkin, milk, beaten egg whites and apple sauce together.
- Add wet ingredients into dry, stirring only until blended.
- Bake for at least 1hour. The bran will form a wonderful thick crust, but double check with a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean to ensure the pumpkin is fully cooked.
- Remove from pan and cool on racks.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!