This is a quick and easy way to add a nice touch to your dinner table: fresh dinner buns without yeast.
These Dinner Rolls Need No Yeast
This is a quick and easy way to add a nice touch to your dinner table: fresh dinner buns without yeast
- 5 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup olive oil or other oil
- 5 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 - 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add baking powder, buttermilk, olive oil, salt and sugar to a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk the two flours together and gradually add the flour into the wet mixture. Use your hands or a hand mixer to incorporate until you have a smooth dough
- You can make the dough balls the sie that you like, but they should be all the same size so they cook evenly, Place each ball on the parchment paper allowing a 1/4 -1/2 inch apart so they don't touch, unless you want pull-apart buns.
- Brush the tops of the buns with the butter and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 20 -30 minutes or until golden.
*make your own butter milk by adding a splash of vinegar to milk and let it stand a few minutes. You will see the milk curdle on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!