My sister in law introduced me to this delightful Italian go-to pancake batter. They are lovely; light and zesty, and are great to serve at brunches or any special occasion.
Amazing Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp, vanilla extract
- 1 large lemon zested and juiced
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk the milk and ricotta in a smaller bowl, then add eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla, lemon juice, and zest.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the wet, combining until just combined, lumps are ok.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. When butter is foamy, reduce heat to medium-low and pour pancake batter, making large or small pancakes to your taste.
- Pancakes are ready to flip in 3 or 4 minutes or when you see bubbles forming in the batter. Flip and cook other side until golden, another 3 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Keep a heated serving plate ready in the oven to hold the pancakes if you aren't serving right off the grill. I love with maple syrup and brown sugar.