My sister in law introduced me to this delightful Italian go-to pancake batter. They are lovely; light and zesty, and are great to serve at brunches or any special occasion.
Amazing Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Cook until bubbles start to form in batter and pancake is golden underneath, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook other side until golden, another 3 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp, vanilla extract
- 1 large lemon zested and juiced
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk the milk and ricotta in a smaller bowl, then add eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla, lemon juice, and zest.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the wet, combining until just combined, lumps are ok.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. When butter is foamy, reduce heat to medium-low and pour pancake batter, making large or small pancakes to your taste.
- Pancakes are ready to flip in 3 or 4 minutes or when you see bubbles forming in the batter. Flip and cook other side until golden, another 3 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Keep a heated serving plate ready in the oven to hold the pancakes if you aren't serving right off the grill. I love with maple syrup and brown sugar.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!