No roast beef dinner should be served without it.
Amazingly Simple Yorkshire Pudding
No roast beef dinner should be served with this traditional treat.
- 6 tsp. vegetable oil or fat drippings from the roast.
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted.
- Preheat the oven at 450°F/230°C/Gas 8 and prepare the pan(s).
- Traditional method: Pour a light layer of vegetable oil in the bottom of a 9 inch (23 cm) square metal pan. Individual servings: 1 tsp. (5 ml) of vegetable oil in the bottom of each cup of a 6-cup metal muffin tin.
- Put the pan into the oven to heat the oil while you mix the other ingredients.
- Blend the flour and salt.
- Add the milk gradually and mix to avoid lumps.
- Add the eggs and melted butter. Beat the entire mixture for 2 minutes so it is light and fluffy.
- You can make the batter ahead of time and when ready to use, just give it another quick beating
- Carefully take the heated pan from the oven and pour the batter over the oil
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into squares in you have used one pan.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!