Romans believed that lavender had medicinal properties, and used it for everything from indigestion to sore throats. In WWI lavender was used to reduce infection and relieve pain.
If you haven’t tried lavender lemonade it is cool, refreshing and may help with your headache or relieve stress. If you don’t grow your own, ensure you buy culinary lavender.
Calming Old Fashioned Lavender Lemonade
- 7 cups water or more detpending on how sweet you want your lemonade.
- 1 cup sugar or shoney or sugar substitute
- 1-1/2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice about 6 large lemons
- 2 tbsp. dried lavendar buds
- ice cubes
- Bring 2 cups water and sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat; add lavender. Cover and let stand for 2-4 hours.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve to remove the lavender.
- Stir in lemon juice, remaining water. You can add more water if too sweet or some sparkling water.
- Chill; serve over ice with lemon slices.