Why limit orange juice to a glass when you can add to your pancake batter. These are refreshing fluffy pancakes which are a nice treat for the ordinary. You can also add blueberries or other fruit.
Delicious Orange Pancakes
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp. orange zest finely grated
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 1 tbsp. oil for the pan
- Preheat the oven to 200 F and have a heatproof serving dish to hold batches of pancakes as they come off the pan.
- Whisk the wet ingredients and orange zest until smooth.
- In another bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and sugar. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well. Then add the melted butter and stir until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat, adding the oil to the heated pan. When the oil is hot, pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan for each pancake.
- When bubbles begin to appear over the top of the pancakes and the edges begin to look dry, flip them and brown the other side lightly.
- If you aren't serving immediately, add the pancakes to the heated plate and keep warm in the preheated oven.