I love creating different textures and options for my cheese boards. Seed crackers appeal to me because they provide a gluten-free option to my guests.
While you can buy seed crackers they can be expensive but ever so easy to make. They are satisfying on their own or with a dip.
Easy and Delicious Seed Crackers
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp psyllium husks
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat the oven 300F and prepare a rimmed baking sheet with an oversized piece of parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a smal bowl. and let rest for 5-15 minutes to allow the chia and physillium to thick the mixture.
- Roughly spread the mixtuture on the parchment paper and place another sheet of parchment on top. Flatten with your hands or use a glass as a rolling pin to evenly distribute the seeds to the edges.
- Carefully remove the top sheet which and cut into shapes with a knife or leave whole and break into pieces later.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a light tap on the surface signals that they are done.
- Cool completely and then separate them into pieces.