Tassies is a Scottish word that refers to a small tart or pie. These tassies don’t require you to make any pie crust so they are super easy to put together.
Easy Date Tassies
Tassies is a Scottish word that refers to a small tart or pie. These tassies don't require you to make any pie crust so they are super easy to put together.
- 1 cup dried dates roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup cream cheese,
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp. icing sugar for dusting or whipped cream for garnish
- Combine all the filling ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then simmer until most of the liquid has been cooked away which should take about 5 or 5 minutes. The consistency should look like jam. Cool and then mix in the cream cheese and finally add the pecans.
- Mix the crust ingredients together until it resembles a coarse meal.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 24 mini muffin cups or 12 regular muffin tins. Divide equally (about a tablespoon) of the crust mixture into each cup, and press evenly in the bottoms. Add a spoonful of the topping on top of the crust, gently smoothing the top.
- Bake minis for 15 minutes, regular muffins 25 minutes. The tops should be set. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then gently run a knife around the edges to loosen. Let sit on a wire rack to cool and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- They are awesome when still slightly warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!