When looking for a simple and healthy breakfast, look no further than soft-boiled eggs served with toast soldiers. This has long been an English nursery favourite and is still enjoyed today by King Charles. In fact, according to Hello Magazine, he insists on an egg at every meal.
Soft Boiled "Jammy Eggs" and Toast Soldiers
- 1 egg cups
- 2 large eggs best quality you can find
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 slices bread toasted
- 1 pinch sea salt to taste
- Place eggs in a small saucepan and cover with 1 inch of water. Remove the eggs and bring the water to a boil over high heat then add the eggs. Turn the heat down to medium-low, keeping the water at a gentle simmer.Once simmering, cook for about 3 minutes. Immediately remove the eggs and plunge into an ice bath for about 2 minutes, or until eggs are cool to the touch.
- Meanwhile, spread still warm toast with butter to melt. Cut into ½-¾ inch spears.
- Place each egg in an egg cup, large end down and crack the pointy end with the end of a knife or spoon to break the shell.Gently peel the shell away. Sprinkle with salt and use toast to dunk into the runny yolk. Enjoy.