This guilt-free snack features dates, peanut butter, nuts, chocolate, and sea salt, is beloved for its easy preparation, reminiscent Snickers-like flavor profile, versatility, and health-conscious appeal.
Its simple yet balanced combination of peanut butter, sweet dates, crunchy nuts, rich chocolate, and a touch of sea salt captures the essence of a healthier Snickers bar.
The recipe’s adaptability allows for creative personalization, while its no-bake nature makes it perfect for any season. It offers a guilt-free treat with natural sweetness from dates, protein from peanut butter and nuts, and antioxidants from dark chocolate. Ideal for gifting and dietary preferences, it’s a crowd-pleaser for all occasions.
The Evolution of Recipe Sharing
Recipe sharing has evolved drastically from the 1920s to the TikTok generation. In the 1920s, it centered on print media, handwritten cards, community cookbooks, and personal connections through family, church, and other community groups.
Today, the digital age has ushered in a new era, driven by social media platforms, food blogs, recipe apps, short video demonstrations on TikTok, and a global online community. This transformation underscores the rapid evolution of technology and communication, making recipe sharing faster, more visually engaging, and accessible worldwide.
A Heathier Snickers Bar
- 1 cup dates pitted, about 12-15 dates
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup nuts such as almonds, walnuts, or peanuts
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 Pinch of sea salt
- Prepare a Baking Sheet: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set it aside.
- Press the dates onto the parchment paper and flatten.
- Warm the peanut butter slightly in the microwave to make it easier to spread and spread onto the date layer.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave if you are brave and do so in 20 second intervals. Spread the chocolate over the date mixture.
- Drizzle Chocolate: Drizzle the melted chocolate over the date mixture on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over the melted chocolate.
- Place the baking sheet in your freezer until set. You can also place in the fridge.
- Once set you can break or cut into pieces.
- I like to store mine in the freezer. The dates are still chewy enough for a great bite.