If you have run out of your grilling spice, it is super easy to make your own from pantry ingredients. With some experimentation, you can make your own special piece mix.
This is a great rub for meats going into the oven or grill.
Make your Own Spice Rub
- 2 tbsp. kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. black pepper corns
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. dill seed dried
- 2 tsp. other spices make your own secret recipe
- Combine all ingredients for steak seasoning in a mortar and pestle and mash together so the peppercorns are roughly cracked but you can make it to your liking. You can also blitz in a coffee grinder.
- Use on beef steaks, and any roasts before grilling, searing, or roasting.
- Store in an airtight bottle or jar.