Summer and gardening typically mean an excess of zucchini. Even if you don’t garden, your local grocer or farmer’s market will offer a plentiful cheap supply.
Looking for ways to get more veggies into your husband and kids? Too hot for a heavy meal? These pancakes are a great solution. Eat plain or add a dollop of tangy yogurt sauce.
By the way, if you deep-fried these you could call them fritters, but since they are pan-fried, you must call them pancakes, or patties.
Quick and Savoury Zucchini Pancakes
- 12 inch skillet
- box grater
- 2 cups zucchini grated and well drained
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp. red pepper fresh, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. oregano fresh, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. basil fresh, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. chives fresh, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- canola oil or oil with high burn point
- Mix together all ingredients together, except for the oil.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, add enough oil to cover the bottom. Line a plate with paer toweling to absorb excess oil
- Heat the oil on high until sizzling.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring scoop and carefully drop the mixture into the hot oil.
- When you see the edges turning brown, it is time to carefuly lift up to check to see if they are golden brown. Flip and cook on the otehr side.
- Place the pancakes on the paper towel plate for a minute to drain.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in your oven until ready to serve.