Buy extra cranberries for the holidays for this lovely light and moist cranberry loaf. This loaf is super moist with a delightful sweet crust. I always keep an extra bag in the freezer so I can enjoy any time of year to add my colour to my tea tray.
Scrummy Cranberry Loaf
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup pecans roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan greasing lightly.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with hand beaters or in your stand mixer. Next, add eggs, one a time, incorporating well after each. Stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt until combined. Add the dry ingredients into wet ingredients, stirring until just incorporated.
- You may wish to roughly chop the cranberries to get more even distribution. Otherwise, fold in the cranberries, as well as the pecans, and pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for one hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place the pan on a cooling rack to let cool for 20 minutes. Remove the loaf from the pan and let cool on the rack.
- Enjoy with tea. If serving on your tea tray, slice a piece and then slice again into halves, quarters or fingers.