Downton fans across North America are still sulking about the ITV launch this Sunday, but we the Emmys are coming up so at least we have something to look forward to. Downton has garned 12 nominations, including Best Drama.
Since my audience spans the globe I will be watching along with the UK fans, but promise not to divulge major spoilers until January. I did keep quiet last year (although it was really hard) so I think I can be trusted.
Today we help answer the question of what do you do when your Lord brings home a large basket of fresh tomatoes from the market. Growing up on the farm we have bushels of tomatos at the end of the season so I am up for that challenge. There are many options including sauces, stuffed tomatoes, soups, breads which do take some time, but today we will focus on tomato tart, which makes a quick meal.
UK fans will be treated to S4 this weekend, but North Americans will need to wait for our beloved show until January (see the countdown clock above) in the US and Canada. But you can get reacquainted with past episodes. If you haven’t seen all seasons (1-3) beware of spoilers below.
- Secrets of the Downton Kitchen: cliff notes from the new Behind the Scences book (see below) and a nod to my blog!
- Downton Cast are one Big Abbey Family: they are really just acting after all.
- Creating Daisy’s Doo: How not washing one’s hair can help make you a star.
- The real life of Lady Cora: How Elizabeth ran off to England to start a new career.
- The Authenticity of Props on Downton: more excerpts from the new Behind the Scenes book.
- The UK fans cheat sheet: What to expect in S4E1.