Downton fans across North America are in a funk as we try to be gracious about the Downton launch on ITV next Sunday, while we have to wait for January on PBS. On the upside we can still look forward to Sept. 22 as the date of the Primetime Emmy Awards. Downton has garned 12 nominations, including Best Drama.
Today we enjoy the more fruits of the harvest and squeak a few more weeks out of summer with peach and lavender ice cream. Definately an upstairs dessert.
Unfortunately PBS will not be broadcasting S4 of our beloved show until January in the US and Canada. But you can get reacquainted with If you haven’t seen all seasons (1-3) beware of spoilers below.
- What do to while you wait? Visit Highclere!
- Remember Downton is Fictional: Asking for directions to the Abbey
- Learn more of Highclere through new book: Lady Catherine, the Earl, and the Real Downton Abbey
- Positive Portrayal of Black Community: Julian Fellowes discusses how blacks depicted on screen
- Edith comes into her own in S4: From tractor driver to lady of London Society.
Light Peaches and Lavender Ice Cream
We recently made lavender tea and lavender tea cakes. I also had some peaches from the market so made a batch of ice cream to enjoy before we say goodbye to summer in this part of the world.
Gain unprecedented behind-the-scenes access to Downton Abbey in this official Season 4 tie-in book, complete with never-before-seen photos giving fans insight into the making of the runaway hit.