I love a quick breakfast during the week. Even though most of us have a 10-second commute to our home offices this week, kids and spouses alike need to be fed. These muffins are keto and gluten-free friendly. You can change the fillings to suit your diet (i.e. veggie), just keep the proportions the same so you don’t overwhelm the egg base.
The Best Cheesy Egg Muffins
- muffin tin
- silicon muffin cups
- 12 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. green onion finely chopped
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin or use silicone cups.
- Whisk the eggs and green onion together until frothy. Add the salt and pepper.
- Add egg mixture halfway up into each tin of a greased muffin tin.
- Sprinkle the bacon and cheese equally amongst each tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until set.
- Let cool slightly, then serve.
- cooked chopped mushrooms and peppers
- chopped tomato, shredded mozzarella and fresh herbs
- chopped ham and shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded cheese alone