Psyllium is a great way to incorporate fibre without gluten or carbs. When summer comes around, zucchini is everywhere and is a great way to add moisture.
The combo of the two added to blueberries makes a great breakfast or snack on the go.
Fibre Rich Keto Blueberry Muffins
- 12 cup muffin tin
- ice cream scoop
- 2 cups zucchini grated and drained of water
- 3 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup psyllium husk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup stevia or other sugar fress subsitute
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cups and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, pysillium husk, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sweetener.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Pure the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well. Using a spatula, fold in the blueberries and grated zucchini.
- Use a ice cream scoop to evenly divide the batter amongst the cups.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or unitl a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow these to cool 5 to 10 minutes in the pan then transfer to a cooling rack.
- You can store these for 3 to 4 days or freeze for long term.