You can make a variety of Edwardian inspired drinks, starting with rhubarb syrup as your base. Try mixing with vodka or gin to create your own signature martini. You can also simply add sparkling water and a lemon slice for a refreshing non-alcoholic beverage.
Zesty Rhubarb Cocktails
- 2 oz. vodka
- 2 tbsp. Rhubarb Syrup
- 1 tsp. Freshly ground ginger
- Rhubarb Syrup
- Add the vodka, rhubarb syrup and a sprinkle of ground ginger over ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake generously and pour into a high ball glass.
- Cut thin strips from a rhubarb stalk to create a garnish.
- Fill a champagne glass half full with rhubarb puree.
- Fill to the top with your bubbly.
- 5 stalks rhubarb chopped into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1 cup water
- Place all the ingredients in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and then crack the lid on the pot to let the steam escape. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain through a fine sieve into a glass container.
- The syrup will keep refrigerated for about a month.
- Use a a base for your favorite drinks.