Brandy butter is the perfect accompaniment to Christmas pudding, mince pies, and your baked goods in need of a boost. The recipe is a mixture of softened butter, icing sugar and some brandy.
Just melt the brandy butter on top of the warmed Christmas pudding just before serving.
Christmas' Brandy Butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3 tbsp. Brandy or Cognac
- Place the butter in a large baking bowl. Beat with an electric hand whisk until light and creamy.
- Add the icing sugar and beat again until it's all incorporated.
- Add the brandy or Cognac to taste and stir well. If the mixture starts to curdle just add a little more icing sugar.
- Spoon the butter into a serving dish, cover and store in the fridge until required.
- If you want to add a little panache to your butter, add a bit of almond extract or orange zest/juice.