My grandmother taught me how to make egg noodles for soup, which is similar to making pasta. Lord D and I took a cooking course a few years ago at Natalina’s Kitchen, and we are still close friends with Natalina who runs her classes in a converted basement space.
Making your own pasta is easy and fun! You may never go back to packaged again.
How to Make your Own Pasta
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 00 flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/8 cup water
- Prepare a clean work surface. Add the salt to the flour and place it on your clean surface. Create a well in the middle.
- Crack the egg in the middle of the well, add the olive oil and scramble the egg with a fork.
- Gradually start incorporating the flour until it is all incorporated.
- Knead and add the water until a ball forms. Continue to knead until a smooth ball forms, which will take about 5 minutes.
- Let rest, covered for 20-30 minutes.
- Shape as you need,
- When cooking pasta you need to ensure to over salt the water. It should taste like the sea.