Making your own ice cream can be a challenge when you are expecting the same results as the ice cream you find in the stores. Use the hardness of homemade to your advantage making popsicles, an American invention of the 1920s. If you are following keto, (which has been around since the 1920s) this is a great recipe.
Keto Chocolate Popsicles
- 2 cups coconut milk full fat chilled (you make your own)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup stevia
- Mix all the ingredients until thick and creamy in a blender or food processor. The vodka helps prevent ice crystals from forming.
- Pour into your popsicle moulds and freeze for at least 4 hours. If you don't have popsicle moulds you can always use disposable cups. I actually love do to this as I can keep the cup next to me when I am at my laptop and put down the popsicle any time I want.
Make your Own Coconut Milk
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch of salt
- Place the coconut, water, and salt into blender or food processor and blend for a minute.
- Strain through a jelly or nut bag to remove the remaining pulp. I keep the pulp refrigerated in a sealed jar to use in my baking.
- Store the milk in a sealed jar in the fridge.