Neeps and Tatties is a simple comfort side dish made of rutabagas and potatoes, boiled and mashed together. It is the preferred side to haggis in a Robert Burns Supper.
Neeps and Tatties
Neeps and Tatties is a simple comfort side dish made of rutabagas and potatoes, boiled and mashed together. If you are trying to cut carbs, this is a must try
- 1 large rutabaga peeled and cut into small cubes
- 4 cooking potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Set a large pot of water on the stove and set to boil.
- Add the rutabaga and cook for 15 minutes
- Add the potatoes and cook for an additional 10 - 15 minutes or until all the vegetables are fork tender.
- Drain the water, add butter, season with salt and pepper, and mash together.
The trick is to ensure you have the equal amount of rutabaga and potatoes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!