Neeps and Tatties is a simple comfort side dish made of rutabagas and potatoes, boiled and mashed together. It is the preferred side to haggis in a Robert Burns Supper.
Neeps and Tatties
- 1 large rutabaga peeled and cut into small cubes
- 4 cooking potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Set a large pot of water on the stove and set to boil.
- Add the rutabaga and cook for 15 minutes
- Add the potatoes and cook for an additional 10 - 15 minutes or until all the vegetables are fork tender.
- Drain the water, add butter, season with salt and pepper, and mash together.