Colcannon is an amazing Irish comfort food, but loaded with carbs due to the potatoes. Swap cauliflower for the potatoes and you have a keto meal
Comforting Keto One Pot Colcannon
Colcannon is a lovely Irish comfort food combining potatoes and cabbage, all mashed together. Swap out cauliflower for potatoes and you have a keto friendly dish.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 large cauliflower chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 whole cabbage shredded
- .5 cup chicken stock
- .5 cup whipping cream non fat plain
- 2 tbsp. green onions chopped
- Melt butter in a dutch oven. Add onions and soften for a few minutes.
- Add cabbage an cauliflower,and mix well.
- Cover with tight fitting lid and simmer, stirring occasionally until the cauliflower and cabbage are soft. around 30 minutes.
- Add as much chicken stock as needed to keep colcannon moist.
- Add the cream to the mixture and mash until it resembles mashed potatoes.
- Sprinle on the green onions. Add salt and white pepper to taste.
Serving: 15gCalories: 75kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 2gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 51mgPotassium: 307mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 210IUVitamin C: 42mgCalcium: 36mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!