If you haven’t tried this versatile vegetable it is worth a try. It is a miniature Chinese cabbage with tender stalks and bright green leaves. It has a sweet, clean flavour balanced by a hint of peppery, and a touch of mustardy bitterness. I love using this vegetable as it cooks fast, can be used in a variety of dishes and available year-round.
This dish is keto-friendly and a great, rich side dish, thanks to the butter.
Simply & Delicious Braised Baby Bok Choy
- large skillet
- lid to fit the skillet
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1.5 lbs. baby bok choy trimmed
- 1 tsp. sesame oil toasted
- Simmer the broth and butter in a large, deep skillet.
- Add the bok choy in a single layer on the skillet, cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes
- Remove the bok choy with tongs to your serving dish and cover to keep warm.
- Boil the remaining broth, reducing by half. Mix in the sesame oil and season to taste with a pinch of pepper. Pour over the bok choy and serve.