Peaches are a wonderfully versatile fruit that comes into season in late summer. It helps us manage the transition into Fall when the weather starts to turn cooler.
When I am in a bit of a rush I love to make this easy peach crisp. Click here to check out more peach recipes.
Simple & Delicous Peach Crisp
I love when peaches are in season so I can whip up an easy and delicious peach crisp for dinner. Adding pecans to the topping ingredients adds such a lovely flavour.
- 1.5 pounds peaches peeled, pitted and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup large flake oats
- 2/3 cup pecans chopped
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 ts.p nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and butter a 9 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and salt. mix well and place evenly in the baking dish.
- Mix together the brown sugar, flour, oats, pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg in a medium bowl. Add the butter andwork into the mixtuere.
- Sprinkle the topping l evenly over top. Bake the crisp for 40 to 45 minutes, until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Remove from the oven, and cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!