The lobster was a favoured dish for the aristocracy in Downton’s era and has endured in its status as food for love. The bonus is that it is quick to prepare. This is a great dish for date night or Valentine’s Day.
Steamed Lobster Tails in Beer
- 2 uncooked lobster tails
- 1/2 bottle beer
- Prep work: if you have purchased large tails, split them lengthwise with a sharp knife. To prevent curling, slide a wooden skewer through the length of the tail next to the shell.
- Place beer in a sauce pan which will fit a steamer basket and bring to a boil. It will only take a few minutes.
- Place the steamer basket in the saucepan, place the lobster tails in the basket and cover.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
- As a check: the lobsters are done when the shell is bright red and the flesh is white.