Ever wonder what the royals eat? Here is a simple elegant crab dish served at Buckingham Palace, perfect for garden parties.
Rémoulade is a condiment invented in France that is usually or mayonnaise-based. Although similar to tartar sauce, it tends to be more savoury than the tartar.
The Royal Family's Crab Rémoulade
- 1 tbsp capers finely chopped
- 1 tbsp gherkins finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tarragon fresh
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 large crab, cooked
Clean a crab
- Remove the meat from a cooked crab
- Quickly blanch the tarragon leaves in boiling water, then chop finely.
- In a small bowl, add the mayonnaise, mustard (more if you would like a spicier flavor).
- Add the anchovy paste, tarragon, capers, and gherkins. Season to taste.
- Mix in the crab.
- Press the crab into small ramekins for individual salads and garnish if desired.