Turnips were a popular dish in Britain and Continental Europe. It is regaining popularity for those looking for low carb alternative to potatoes. This particular dish was served as a side dish on the Titanic in 2nd Class.
- 2 lbs. turnips
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. honey for Keto substitute liquid Stevia
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup milk heated (reduce fat content by using 1% or skim milk)
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper
- Peel turnips and cut into chunks; place in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Drain well and transfer to food processor; add butter, honey, and cardamom; process until smooth. With motor running, gradually pour in heated milk, salt and pepper.
- Continue to process until turnips are light and creamy.