Traditionally these were shaped into oval pieces to look like jewels and how they were served in 1st class on Titanic, but If you don’t happen to have Château potato machine lying around, they are just as delicious sliced .
- 8 tbsp. butter
- 2 lbs. potatoes peeled and cut into small ovals. I like 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F/200 C/Gas 6
- Melt the butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the sliced potatoes in the butter until you get a crust on one side (5 minutes), flip and fry on the other side to get crust on the other.
- Place the skillet into the oven and roast the potatoes, stirring often, for 20 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and sprinkle the chopped parsley, salt, and pepper over the browned potatoes.