Just because you or your friends are enjoying a low carb lifestyle doesn’t mean you have to forgo tea treats.
These delicate chocolate cream cheese cookies are great to enjoy.
Delicate Keto Chocolate Cream Cheese Treats
Just because you or your friends are enjoying a low carb lifestyle doesn't mean you have to forgo tea treats. These delicate chocolate cream cheese cookies are great to enjoy.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup unsweeteend/dark chocolate chips I use Lilys or Made Good
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar substitute
- 1 tsp instant espresso
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened or dark chocolate chips I use Lilys or Made Good
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp MCT oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup keto icing sugar I use Swerve
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso
- 1 pinch Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of sea salt
Make the Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, sugar substitute, vanilla extract in your mixer on high speed. Add the 4 eggs one at a time on slow speed, ensuring each egg is incorporated before adding the next.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix. Stir in by hand the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, instant coffee, salt and mix well.
- Using a 2" cookie scoop, add dough in spoonfuls to a parchment lined cookie sheet. Flatten slightly so you have a base for the icing.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Allow cookies to fully cool
Make the Icing
- Melt the chocolate. Add the MCT oil or coconut oil
- Add the icing sugar.
- Stir in the pinch of sea salt and instant espresso coffee.
- Allow the icing to set about 5 minutes.
- Spread about a teaspoon of icing onto each cookie.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!