Tea is a wonderful cooking ingredient. Incorporating chamomile tea in this fish dish, results in a delicately flavoured dish.
Delicately Flavored Chamomile Tea Salmon
Tea is a wonderful cooking ingredient. Incorporating chamomile tea and lavender in this fish dish, results in a delicately flavoured dish.
- 4 – 6 pounds salmon fillet
- 3 tbsp. loose leaf chamomile tea
- 3 tbsp. honey (lavender if you can find it)
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 1 large lemon sliced
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. piedmont chili pepper or paprika
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lavender
- 2 tbsp. Fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 pinch sea salt and crushed pepper to taste
- Clean and debone salmon filets
- Steep tea in 1 cup of boiling water for 10 minutes and set aside.
- In a large shallow dish, prepare the salmon by dusting with paprika, sprinkling with salt and pepper and the garlic. Drizzle with the honey, rub in the olive oil and lemon juice to combine the flavours. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Transfer the salmon to a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper, skin side down. Bake the salmon for 10 minutes or until the flesh flakes lightly. Cover with tin foil and let the salmon rest 5 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon slices, lavender, and parsley. Pour the condensed tea around the fish as it’s sauce.
- Remove the skin, and cut into six ounce portions and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!