Milkshakes date back to the 1880s when then the term first appeared in print and was used to describe an alcoholic whiskey beverages, like an egg nog. By the 1900s they became more wholesome with just milk or ice cream.
Ketogenic diets have existed since the 1900s, first used as a medical treatment. It is now a popular lifestyle choice for those who wish to eat a low carb diet.
You don’t have to give up chocolate shakes when you are on keto; with a few adjustments, you can enjoy an enjoyable rich and thick low carb beverage.
Delicious Keto Chocolate Shake
- 1/2 cup Ice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or any low carb milk of choice
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar substitute
- 3 tbsp. frozen cauliflower optional
- 2 tbsp. protein powder optional
- Add the ice to a blender. Add the remaining ingredients and blend. Add more nut butter or the frozen cauliflower to thicken, more milk to thin it out.