If you are following low carb, low sugar lifestyle for health or fitness and don’t want to pay $$$ for bottled low carb syrup in the stores, it is good to know that you can easily make your own in as little as 10 minutes.
Make Your Own Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Xylitol, powdered usse spice grinder to make your own
- 1 1/2 tbsp Maple extract Real
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
- Whisk together the water, Xylitol, and maple extract in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle boil.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the xylitol has fully dissolved and not sticking on the bottom..
- Take off the heat, and sprinkle the xanthan gum on top. Use a hand blender or whisk to quickly blend. Wait a few minutes to allow the syrup to thicken further.
- Best served warm. you can reheat leftovers for your next batch on pancakes.