Coconut ice is a traditional English treat which is easy to make and serves a crowd. It is a beautiful addition to your tea tray.
- 3/4 cup/200g condensed milk (I like low fat version)
- 2 cups/225g icing sugar shifted
- 2 cups/175g desiccated*coconut
- 1 or 2 drops of red food colouring
- Mix together the condensed milk and icing sugar. Stir in the coconut (mixture should be very stiff) and divide the mixture in half. Colour one half of the mixture pink, keep mixing, or use your hands to work in the food coloring until you have an even colour.
- Line a small plastic container (I use a 6″ square ziploc container) with plastic wrap, then press in the white coconut ice, so it evenly covers the bottom. Press the pink top layer on top and press firmly together.
- Leave 2-3 hours or refrigerate until firm. Pull out the ice by the plastic wrap, and then cut into one inch squares as it is quite sweet.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container and use within 3 weeks.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!