This yoghurt dessert is so sinfully rich that you would never know it is low in fat. There are not many steps involved which also helps make it one of my favorites which I can quickly put together.
Cornstarch trick to provide the creamy consistency and fat free evaporated milk to trick you into thinking the dessert is much richer than it is. The shade of chocolate you achieve will vary based on the quality of your cocoa and chocolate chips.
Sinfully Light Frozen Chocolate Yoghurt
- ¼ cup sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 (12 oz.) can fat free evaporated milk
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 cup plain non fat yoghurt
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Combine cornstarch and sugar in a saucepan, stir in the milk and chocolate chips and melt over medium heat until thickened. Keep stirring to prevent burning.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, and stir in the plain yoghurt, cocoa and vanilla. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturing instructions which typically is 20 minutes.