This is yet another recipe to use up garden zucchini or courgette as they are known in the UK, or when they are cheap and plentiful in stores. Super moist and filling.
Moist Keto Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
This is yet another recipe to use up garden zucchini or when they are cheap and plentiful in stores. Super moist and filling.
- 12 cup muffin tins
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 1/3 cups powdered Erythritol or Swerve
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup zucchini pureed (see note)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or use cupcake liners in two 12 inch cupcake tins.
- In two separate bowls mix together the wet and dry ingredients respectively. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix together well.
- Pour the batter right to the rim into the prepared pan. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top of each cupcake.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- If desired, frost with keto buttercream (recipe link below)
*To puree zucchini, simply cut a zucchini into slices, and steam for 10-15 minutes. When soft, process in your food processor or hand blender. Let cool before using. Keto Buttercream Icing
Serving: 256Calories: 238kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 8gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 206mgPotassium: 113mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 387IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 101mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!