This is a great keto chocolate buttercream, It incorporates cream cheese which serves as a stabilizer and requires less icing sugar.
This will make enough to ice a two tier cake or 48 cupcakes.
The Best Keto Chocolate Buttercream
- 2/3 cups unsweetened chocolate chips or chopped unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/3 cups Swerve icing sugar
- 4 tbsp. cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract unsweetened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream to thin if required
- Combine the chocolate and coconut oil and melt, either in the micowave (30 seconds) or on low on the stove (5 minutes). Let sit to cool.
- Sift the icing sugar and cocoa powder together.
- Beat the butter and cream cheese in a large bowl. Slowly add the dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
- If the icing is too thick to spread our pipe, add a little cream until you get the consistency you like.