Lord D and I are back from a wonderful visit to Bermuda. Stay tuned for an accounting of our visit to this beautiful island and a delightful award winning afternoon tea at the Fairmont Princess Hotel in Hamilton.
Mother’s Day is this Sunday for North Americans. For my recap of the history and Mother’s Day traditions around the world, click here. And if you have not found a unique gift treat your mum, consider hosting a tea. Check out some of my Mother’s Day tea ideas.
As you may know, I love to take time for tea to dish about Downton Abbey, featuring a new “Downton” era recipe. Refer to my Online Guide to Afternoon Tea, helpful in understanding traditions and recipes to help you host your own tea party with family and friends. I don’t always make a dish to have at tea, but it will always be a dish that could have been enjoyed in the Downton era.
This week we serve up a heart healthy vegetable terrine. A great light dish to serve mom this weekend (outside, if the weather holds).
Some Downton news to help carry you through Downton Downtime until we meet again for Season 4:
- Season 4 Casting News: Downton’s First Black Character
- Bring a bit of Downton into your home: The Merchandizing of Downton Abbey
- Downton meets Star Trek: JJ Abrams visits Downton’s kitchens
- Downton does Cinderella: Lily James cast in new production
- Will Season 4 be Lady Edith’s finest? Some speculation
- Catching up on my Weekly Downton Recap from S3 for Vision TV in Canada: