It can be hard to break the habit of having bread with your meal, but with these quick home made keto buns, you can have your bun and eat it too.
I use the same recipe to make hambuger buns which come in handy in the summer.
The Best Keto Buns
- 7 tbsp psyllium husk powder pulse in a coffee grinder or food processor to make super fine
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 3 large egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Bring the water to a boil.
- Add vinegar and egg whites to the dry ingredients, and combine well. Add boiling water, while beating with a hand mixer for 20 seconds Don't over mix the dough as the finished product taste will be rubbery.
- Moisten hands with a little olive oil and shape dough into 5 separate rolls for bread roll. Flatten slightly if you don't want perfectly round rolls. I like to make burger sized buns, so I make 3 and press on the dough to flatten. Place on a greased baking sheet. Top with optional sesame seeds.
- Bake on lower rack in the oven for 50–60 minutes, depending on the size of your rolls and how dark you want them.