This recipe for cranberry sauced accompanied the roast turkey served in 2nd Class at that last dinner before the ship sank in the early morning hours of April 15, 1912.
Titanic's Cranberry Sauce
A bit of trivia to share over the holidays. This is the recipe with accompanied the roast turkey served in 2nd Class at that last dinner before the ship sank in the early morning hours of April 15, 1912.
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup port
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar Keto: use granulated Swerve or other stevia based sweetener
- 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; stir in onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5minutes or until softened. Stir in port and balsamic vinegar; boil for 5minutes or until reduced to about 3 tbsp.
- Meanwhile, stir together cranberries, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix into onion mixture; bring to boil and cook, stirring often for about 8 to 1minutes or until cranberries are tender and sauce is thick.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!