Cauliflower soup is an unexpected creamy soup which is both vegetarian and keto-friendly.
Cauliflower Soup with Truffle Oil
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 5 cups cauliflower florets
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp. truffle oil or EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tsp. medium heat curry (optional)
- chives finely chopped
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large heavy pot. Add the onion and sauté until tender, but not brown, which should take 6 minutes. Add the cauliflower and sauté for 2 minutes or lightly brown. Add the chicken stock and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Purée the soup until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper then ladle into bowls. Drizzle with truffle oil, sprinkle with medium curry, chives and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!