This is a great quick weeknight dinner and a great way to stretch your food budget.
Slice centre-cut pork chops horizontally and instead of making a sauce, honey and mustard are added to the egg wash in the breading.
Yummy Honey Mustard Pork Cutlets
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup coarse-grain mustard
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¼ cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 large centre cut pork chops about 1 pound, cut into 4 equal pieces and pounded 1/4 inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 200 degrees. Place flour in shallow dish. Beat mustard, honey, and egg in second shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in a third shallow dish.
- Trim fat from the pork chops and slice horizontally giving you four cutlets. Place one in a ziploc bag and pound to 1/4 inch thickness. Repeat.
- Season with salt and pepper. One at a time, coat cutlets lightly with flour, dip in egg mixture, and dredge in bread crumbs, pressing to adhere. Transfer pork to platter and let rest 5 minutes.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Cook 2 cutlets until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to wire rack set inside rimmed baking sheet and keep warm in oven. Wipe out skillet with paper towels and repeat with remaining oil and remaining cutlets. Serve.