I call these creations cracked lava muffins as they remind me of dark lava fields. These have an amazing texture and make a great treat for those who follow a keto regime, but those who don’t won’t know the difference. These are different from most gluten-free baked goods as these are low in sugar. I hate tiny little muffins so you can be sure they are larger kind you find in your local shop.
Keto Cracked Lava Chocolate Muffins
- 4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1/3 cup sugar free maple syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Prepare a muffin tin by either greasing the tins or using muffin cups. I like using coloured silicone cups, taylored for the occasion.
- Place the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Create a large impression in the middle. Mix together the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well until you have a smooth batter. Fold in most of the chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop as a measure to distribute in all 12 muffin tins. Top with extra chocolate chips. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out just clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. After 15 or 20 minutes you can remove from the tins and let cool completely.
- To serve you can reheat slightly to melt the chips, and serve with a dollop of whipped cream sweetened with sugar substitute.
- You can easily freeze the remainder.