Radishes are one of the first crops to mature in your garden, and when the conditions are right you may have to deal with a bumper crop that you need to use or lose. Pickling the radishes is a quick and great way to enjoy this colourful vegetable and convert those who aren’t fans of radishes.
Easy Pickled Radishes
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup small radishes thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Place the radish and onion slices in a bowl. Stir in the salt and sugar and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Heat the apple cider vinegar and water in a small saucepan, then pour over the vegetables. Stir to dissolve the sugar and salt, then leave to cool.
- Ready to eat when cool, but I like to let sit in the fridge for a cold crisp bite.