Harry Potter fans in your household will recognize these. It was Harry’s favourite tea treat. Essentially they are sweet little biscuits and quite tasty at that.
Easy Peasy Rock Cakes
Harry Potter fans in your household will recognize these. It was Harry’s favorite tea treat. Essentially they are sweet little biscuits and quite tasty at that.
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup soft butter or margarine
- ¼ cup Granulated sugar
- ½ cup mixed dried fruits (i.e. currants, raisins, diced apricots, blueberries, cranberries
- 1 medium egg
- 1 – 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp Dark brown sugar for sprinkling
- 1 Oil for greasing for greasing
- Heat the oven to 400F. Light grease a baking sheet or use parchment paper
- Mix flour and baking powder into a large baking bowl, add the softened butter, and lightly rub together with fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar and the dried fruit and mix so all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the egg and 1 tbsp of the milk and mix to create a stiff dough. If the mixture is still dry add milk a tbsp at a time until required consistency. Add a little more flour if too wet.
- Using a tablespoon divide the mixture into 12 mounds evenly spaced on the 2 baking sheets. If you are an experienced baker you likely already own a small scoop which will make quick work and perfect cakes.
- Sprinkle with the demerara sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!